Jump to navigation Jump to search
Main Page · Highest Level Category · Glossary · Featured Content · Community Portal · SC4 Wiki Help · A–Z Index
This page includes all important SC4 acronyms and terms definitions. In most cases the acronym links to a relevant article.
Acronyms with SC4 Encyclopaedia Articles
- AFDES: Alliance of Fuel Developing and Exporting States
- ANT: Additional Network Tool.
- ARD: Asymmetrical Road
- ATL: Avenue Turning Lane Mod.
- ATR: Around the Roses (Former BAT Team).
- Automata: Any type of vehicle or pedestrian/animal that moves by itself in SimCity 4. Usually grouped into four categories--aircraft, pedestrians/animals, land vehicles, and watercraft.
- AVE: Avenue.
- B62: Bobbo662 (BATter).
- BAT: Building Architect Tool, program used to create 3D structures for SimCity 4; any structure created with Building Architect Tool program.
- BBD: Boston Big Dig.
- BLaM: BATters, Lotters, and Modders Team, defunct.
- BLS: Barby Lot Studio
- BMD: BarbyW, MickeBear, D66
- Brown Boxes: Structure shown in-game when all dependencies for a BAT are not present in Plugins folder.
- BRT: Barby Ripptide
- BSC: BAT Squad Certification.
- BSP: Barry Sanders Project (Former BAT Team).
- BTE: BSC Tracking Enabled.
- BTM: Bullet Train Mod.
- CAL BSC BATer and LEX moderator.
- CAM: Colossus Add-on Mod, a mod affecting the RCI simulation and adding new growth stages to the game. (Plugin:CAM)
- CARCH: Cerulean Architecture and Design.
- CAS: CasperVg's Lots
- CDK: Coastal Development Kit
- CML: Custom Member Label.
- CNUT BSC BATer
- COFR: Confederacy of Free Regions, A SC4 Union
- c.p: Cyclepuppy a propmaker and terrain modder. (also known as Cycledogg or c.p.)
- CSG: CSGdesign and his site, CSGforums.
- CSK: Channel Stream Kit
- CSX: Colyn Serfontein Expanded.
- CTD: Crash to Desktop.
- Custom Content: Anything added to SimCity 4 that modifies the game (excludes official Maxis releases).
- D/L: Download.
- D66: Dolphin66.
- DA: DragonAnime, NDEX batter
- DAE: Deadwoods.
- Dependency: Any object that a lot needs to work correctly.
- DIP: Distilled Intersection Path.
- DT: DuskTrooper.
- DTP: Deathtopumpkins.
- ELR: Elevated Light Rail; also El-Rail.
- Exemplar: A file that defines the properties of the game engine or a specific in-game element.
- FA: Fractional Angle, a type of NAM piece David (dedgren). Consists (currently) of the FAR for Roads, FAA for Avenues, FARR for Railroads, and FARHW for RealHighways.
- FAA: Fractional Angle Avenue.
- FAR: Fractional Angle Road. Part of the FA.
- FARR: Fractional Angle Railroad
- FARHW: Fractional Angle RealHighway.
- GA: GrampaAl, a founder of BSC
- GAZ: Gary Raggae (BATter).
- GC: Gascooker (BSC Batter)
- GHSR: Ground High Speed Rail
- GLR: Ground Light Rail.
- GMax: A free version of 3DS Max, a program used for modelling and creating 3D objects for SimCity 4.
- GRV: Grand River Valley
- GRV II: Grand River Valley II
- Growable: A lot that grows when zoned in-game.
- GTR: The Greater Terran Region, a CJ/MD by Haljackey
- GUI: Graphical User Interface
- HD: "High Definition", a term used to refer to textures or props that have a higher than standard resolution.
- HDR: Half Diagonal Road. Part of the Fractional Angle Project.
- HKABT: Hong Kong / Asia BAT Team.
- HSRP:High Speed Rail Project (Also known as HSR)
- IDK: Item Description Key.
- IID: Instance ID.
- ITC: Team founded by Yoshi (Ian), Travis and CasperVg. Later stood for International Team of Creators (former team).
- ILive Reader: Tool created by ILive for editing SimCity 4 files.
- ISAT: InSims Architecture Team (former BAT team).
- ITS: Ill Tonkso.
- LBT: Latin American BAT Team.
- LE Prop: A tool used by ILive, used for changing key properties of custom lots.
- LEX: Lot Exchange; custom content exchange at SC4Devotion.
- LHD: Left-hand drive.
- LM: Landmark.
- Lot Editor: Official Maxis release that allows for th customization of lots in SimCity 4.
- Lot: The entire structure of something in SimCity 4, including the building, props, and ground tiles.
- LTEXT: LText file (for in-game text).
- MAVE: Medianless Avenue. See Road, Network Widening Mod.
- MD: Mayor Diary. (another name for City Journal)
- MIS: Modular Interchange System.
- MJB: Couchpotato (prop BATter).
- MML: Menu Management Lot.
- Mod: A file that somehow changes that game, including textures, ordinances, and tools.
- Modder: One who creates a Mod.
- Modding: The act of creating a Mod.
- NAM: Network Add-On Mod. (Plugin:NAM, NAM/members)
- NCD North Country Dude
- NDEX: N74704, DuskTrooper, Equinox (BAT Team). (Plugin:NDEX Essesntials)
- NHP: New Horizon Productions.
- NJZ: No Job Zot.
- NUTS: Nobody Under Thirty Squad. A team of "middle-aged" batters.
- NWM: Network Widening Mod. (Plugin:NWMWALL)
- Off-Topic: Any post, conversation, etc., in the forums that does not pertain to the subject matter where it has been posted. Generally frowned upon.
- OG: Occupant Group.an
- Override Network: A draggable transit item, which uses a starter piece and RUL overrides to act upon a default game network, causing it to take on new properties and/or behaviors.
- OWR: One Way Road.
- OWW: Old Wooden Waterfront
- PAM: Persistent Automata Mod, an automata controller file package developed by Jeiman2008
- Pathfinding: The process by which automata find the shortest route to their destination.
- Pathing: The creation of paths for automata on transit-enabled lots.
- PDA: Poole, Diamond & Associates (Former BAT Team).
- PEG: Pegasus.
- PIM-X: Extended Plugin Manager (part of X-Tool).
- PIM: Plugin Manager.
- PLEX: Pegasus Lot Exchange.
- Ploppable: Any lot that can be placed directly in the game without having to zone for it.
- PM: Private Message.
- Prop Pack: A file containing models and prop descriptors that can be used to make lots.
- Prop: Anything used to aesthetically improve a lot, excluding the building itself and ground tiles.
- PP: Prop Pox, a bug that causes props to go missing.
- RABET: Roundabout Addon Tile, proposed NAM item.
- RAM: Rail Add-On Mod. (Plugin:RAM)
- RCI Ploppable: Ploppable building that provides jobs.
- RCI: Residential, Commercial, Industrial.
- RD: Road
- RH: Rush Hour.
- RHW: RealHighway Mod (formerly Rural Highway Mod). (Plugin:RHW)
- RKT: Resource Key Type.
- RLS: Real Life Syndrome; or BATs created by SG.
- RNP: Rabbit903 Nealos101 Productions, former bat team kept alive by tag_one.
- RP: Tag One Productions.
- RPL: River Park Kit
- RTL: Road Turning Lane Mod. (Plugin:RTL)
- RTMT: Road Top Mass Transit. (Plugin:RTMT)
- RUL: A file that sets various rules and algorithms on the placement of transit networks.
- SAM: Street Add-On Mod. (Plugin:SAM)
- SC: SimCity, SimCities (defunct home of the BLaM found Here).
- SC3X: SimCities Exchange.
- SC4: SimCity 4.
- SC4D: SimCity 4 Devotion, a SC4 community found Here.
- SC4RH: SimCity 4 Rush Hour.
- SC4TF: SC4Terraformer.
- SC4Tool: A tool for purposes related to custom content in SimCity 4.
- SCAG: SimCity Airport Group
- SCC: SimCity Central
- SCK: SimCityKurier.
- SCP: SimCity Plaza.
- SCRT: SimCity Remodeling Team
- SCS: SimCity Societies. SC4's sequel, generally frowned up on by the SC4 community for its simplicity among other reasons.
- SDM: Super demand mod.
- SF: Slope-friendly.
- SFBT: SimForum BAT Team.
- SG: SimGoober.
- SIP: Signalized Intersection Piece
- SLR: Single Lane Road. (now ARD)
- SMP: Simtropia Productions Team.
- SNM: SimNation Military.
- SPAM: SimPeg Agricultural Mod.
- SPM: Signage Piece Mod.
- SR: NDEX batter.
- ST: Simtropolis, arguably the biggest SimCity fansite, found here.
- STEX: Simtropolis Exchange.
- STR: Single Track Rail, part of the RAM. (Plugin:STR)
- SUM: Start-Up Manager.
- SZ: SimsZone.
- TE: Transit-enabled. Usually refers to Lot-based items.
- Terraform: The process of modifying the terrain in SimCity 4.
- TG: Team Grater, defunct.
- TLA: Turning Lane Avenues, three letter acronym. (Plugin:TLA
- TM: Typing monkeys, referring those who ask questions that they can find the answer in the readme.
- TPP: The Planning Pages. A SC4 community found Here
- TPW: Transparent Ploppable Water by JRJ.
- TSC: ToutSimCity, a French community. Also the name of the resident BAT/Lot team at that site.
- TTC: TheTeaCat. Likes tea (but not Earl Grey) and has an MD called Tales at TeaTime.
- TuLEP: Turn Lane Extension Piece, a NAM item.
U - Z
- W2W: Wall-to-wall.
- WFK: Waterfront kit.
- WIMPS: Wharves for Industrial and Military Port
- WTC: World Trade Center.
- X-Tool: A tool developed by Wouanagaine.