| This article needs to be Wikified
Specific concerns may be found on the discussion page.
This page includes all important SC4 acronyms and terms definitions. In most cases the acronym links to a relevant article.
Acronyms with SC4 Encyclopaedia Articles
- 3RR: Three Rivers Region.
- ANT: Additional Network Tool.
- ARD: Asymmetrical Road
- Plugin:ATL: Avenue Turning Lane Mod.
- Team:ATR: Around the Roses (Former BAT Team).
- Automata: Any type of vehicle or animal that moves by itself in SimCity 4. Usually grouped into four categories--aircraft, animals, land vehicles, and watercraft.
- People:B62: Bobbo662 (BATter).
- BAT: Building Architect Tool, program used to create 3D structures for SimCity 4; any structure created with Building Architect Tool program.
- Plugin:BBD: Boston Big Dig.
- Team:BLaM: BATters, Lotters, and Modders Team.
- BLS: Barby Lot Studio
- BMD: BarbyW, MickeBear, D66
- Brown Boxes: Structure shown in-game when all dependencies for a BAT are not present in Plugins folder.
- BRT: Barby Ripptide
- BSC: BAT Squad Certification.
- Team:BSP: Barry Sanders Project (BAT Team).
- BTE: BSC Tracking Enabled.
- People:CAL: Callagrafx.
- CAM: Colossus Add-on Mod. (Team:CAM - Plugin:CAM)
- People:CARCH: Cerulean Architecture and Design (Former BATter).
- CAS: CasperVg's Lots
- People:c.d.: Cycledogg
- Plugin:CDK: Coastal Development Kit
- CML: Custom Member Label.
- People:CNUT: Citynut
- People:c.p: Cyclepuppy
- Plugin:CSK: Channel Stream Kit
- People:CSX: Colyn Serfontein Expanded.
- CTD: Crash to Desktop.
- Custom Content: Anything added to SimCity 4 that modifies the game (excludes official Maxis releases).
- D/L: Download.
- People:D66: Dolphin66.
- People:DA: DragonAnime, NDEX batter
- People:DAE: Deadwoods.
- Dependency: Any object that a lot needs to work correctly.
- People:DT: DuskTrooper.
ELR: Elevated Light Rail; also El-Rail.
Exemplar: A file that defines the properties of the game engine or a specific in-game element.
GA: Grampa Al.
GAZ: Gary Reggae (BATter).
GLR: Ground Light Rail.
GMax: A free version of 3DS Max, a program used for modelling and creating 3D objects for SimCity 4.
Growable: A lot that grows when zoned in-game.
GUI: Graphical User Interface
HKABT: Hong Kong / Asia BAT Team.
IDK: Item Description Key.
IID: Instance ID.
ILive Reader: Tool created by ILive for editing SimCity 4 files.
ISAT: InSims Architecture Team (former BAT team).
ITS: Ill Tonkso.
LBT: Latin American BAT Team.
LE Prop: A tool used by ILive, used for changing key properties of custom lots.
LEX: Lot Exchange; custom content exchange here at SC4Devotion.
LHD: Left-hand drive.
Lot Editor: Official Maxis release that allows for th customization of lots in SimCity 4.
Lot: The entire structure of something in SimCity 4, including the building, props, and ground tiles.
LTEXT: LText file (for in-game text).
MD: Mayor Diary. (another name for City Journal)
MIS: Modular Interchange System.
MJB: Couchpotato (prop BATter).
MML: Menu Management Lot.
Mod: A file that somehow changes that game, including textures, ordinances, and tools.
Modder: One who creates a Mod.
Modding: The act of creating a Mod.
- NAM: Network Add-On Mod.
- NCD North Country Dude
- NDEX: N74704, DuskTrooper, Equinox (BAT Team).
- NHP: New Horizon Productions.
- NJZ: No Job Zot.
- NWM: Network Widening Mod.
Off-Topic: Any post, conversation, etc., in the forums that does not pertain to the subject matter where it has been posted. Generally frowned upon.
OG: Occupant Group.
OWR: One Way Road.
OWW: Old Wooden Waterfront
Pathfinding: The process by which automata find the shortest route to their destination.
Pathing: The creation of paths for automata on transit-enabled lots.
PDA: Poole, Diamond & Associates (Former BAT Team).
PIM-X: Extended Plugin Manager (part of X-Tool).
PIM: Plugin Manager.
PLEX: Pegasus Lot Exchange.
Ploppable: Any lot that can be placed directly in the game without having to zone for it.
PM: Private Message.
Prop Pack: A file containing models and prop descriptors that can be used to make lots.
Prop: Anything used to aesthetically improve a lot, excluding the building itself and ground tiles.
RAM: Rail Add-On Mod.
RCI Ploppable: Ploppable building that provides jobs.
RCI: Residential, Commercial, Industrial.
RH: Rush Hour.
RHW: Rural Highway Mod.
RKT: Resource Key Type.
RLS: Real Life Syndrome; or BATs created by SimGoober.
RNP: Rabbit903 Nealos101 Productions, former bat team kept alive by tag_one.
RP: Tag One Productions.
RTL: Road Turning Lane Mod.
RTMT: Road Top Mass Transit.
RUL: A file that sets various rules and algorithms on the placement of transit networks.
SAM: Street Add-On Mod.
SC: SimCity, SimCities (home of the BLaM found Here).
SC3X: SimCities Exchange.
SC4: SimCity 4.
SC4D: SimCity 4 Devotion, a SC4 community found Here.
SC4RH: SimCity 4 Rush Hour.
SC4Tool: A tool for purposes related to custom content in SimCity 4.
SCC: SimCity Central
SCP: SimCity Plaza.
SCS: SimCity Societies.
SFBT: SimForum BAT Team.
SLR: Single Lane Road. (now ARD, Asymmetrical Road)
SMP: Simtropia Productions Team.
SNM: SimNation Military.
SR: SimRabbit123, NDEX batter.
ST: Simtropolis, arguably the biggest Simcity fansite, found here.
STEX: Simtropolis Exchange.
SUM: Start-Up Manager.
Terraform: The process of modifying the terrain in SimCity 4.
TG: Team Grater.
TLA: Turning Lane Avenues, three letter acronym.
TM: Typing monkeys, referring those who ask questions that they can find the answer in the readme.
TPP: The Planning Pages. A SC4 community found Here
TPW: Transparent Ploppable Water by JRJ.
U - Z
UI: User Interface
UVNK: User Visible Name Key.
VDK: vester (vester_DK).
WFK: Waterfront kit.
WIMPS: not sure of definition*
WTC: World Trade Center
X-Tool: A tool currently under development by Wouanagaine.